Translate

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Airplane mode

So we finally left LAX a few hours back and I'm in the plane watching the sunrise. There's just nothing better than to see the beginning of a new day. I did not sleep at all. We should be arriving in half an hour in Guatemala and my excitement needs to get out of this seat! 





Preparing my heart for this trip was something special. There are so many things that need to be done and experienced. I was given the privilege of teaching on Friday to teachers of the Hope school. There are about 200 students who live in a very poor neighborhood. I was told that the police don't even like going there. 
A friend whom I met two years ago at a previous medical mission asked me if I wanted to join her in doing a workshop on the different learning styles. I am looking forward to it :) this will be done on Friday during the medical mission. On the agenda for today is breakfast and sleep.